MIS 535 Managerial Appls of Info Tech Week 8 Final Exam Answer
Week 8 : Wk8 – Final Exam
1. (TCO A) Based on the examples in the chapter, if you were asked to formulate a plan for a regional drive-in restaurant chain’s efforts to use information technology to develop a loyal customer base, what would be the best use of information technology from the list below? (Points : 10)
Use IT to increase supplier loyalty.
Use IT to increase operational efficiency.
Use IT to create new products and business models.
Use IT to achieve customer intimacy.
2. (TCO B) ________ are visual tools for presenting performance data in a BI system. (Points : 10)
Dashboards and scorecards
Reports and the drill-down feature
Scenarios and models
3. (TCO C) A DBMS makes the (Points : 10)
physical database available for different logical views.
logical database available for different analytical views.
physical database available for different analytical views.
logical database available for different physical views.
4. (TCO D) Cloud computing requires (Points : 10)
less energy consumption
additional servers and thus additional energy to communicate through the Internet to the cloud
IT organizations to increase staffing levels
Employees to have fewer applications and databases
5. (TCO E) Enterprise applications have become easier to install because: (Points : 10)
they have been reduced in function
vendors have modularized the applications so they can be rolled out a module at a time
vendors have changed their design to make the application more adaptable to diverse business processes
Users have become more familiar with how to use the applications
6. (TCO F) In the traditional systems development lifecycle, end users (Points : 10)
are important and ongoing members of the team from the original analysis phase through maintenance.
are important only in the testing phases.
have no input.
are limited to providing information requirements and reviewing the technical staff’s work.
7. (TCO G) Electronic data are more susceptible to destruction, fraud, error, and misuse because information systems concentrate data in computer files that (Points : 10)
are usually bound up in legacy systems that are difficult to access and difficult to correct in case of error.
are not secure because the technology to secure them did not exist at the time the files were created.
have the potential to be accessed by large numbers of people and by groups outside of the organization.
are frequently available on the Internet.
1. (TCO G) Discuss the issue of security challenges on the Internet as that issue applies to a global enterprise. List at least 5 Internet security challenges. (Points : 40)
2. (TCO F) What qualities of object-oriented development make this method especially suitable for Internet applications? (Points : 40)
3. (TCO E) Explain why standards are so important in information technology? What standards have been important for the growth of Internet technologies? (Points : 40)
4. (TCO D) What is cloud computing and how do you think its developments could impact businesses? (Points : 40)
5. (TCO C) IF you were to design the new contracts database for a publishing house what fields do you anticipate needing? Which of these fields might be in use in other databases used by the company? (Points : 40)
6. (TCO B) You are advising the owner of Small town Computer, a new, local computer repair store that also builds custom computers to order. What competitive strategies could Small town Computer exert? Which ones will it have difficulty exercising? (Points : 40)
7. TCO (A) You work for an auto manufacturer and distributor. How could you use information systems to achieve greater customer intimacy? (Points : 40)
For getting the instant download solution, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get MIS 535 Managerial Appls of Info Tech_Week 8 _Final Exam_ 100% correct answer
For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org