FIN 534 Week 6 Homework Complete Answer
1. Use the data given to calculate annual returns for Goodman, Landry, and the Market Index, and then calculate average returns over the five-year period. (Hint: Remember, returns are calculated by subtracting the beginning price from the ending price to get the capital gain or loss, adding the dividend to the capital gain or loss, and dividing the result by the beginning price. Assume that dividends are already included in the index. Also, you cannot calculate the rate of return for 2008 because you do not have 2007 data.)
2. Calculate the standard deviation of the returns for Goodman, Landry, and the Market Index. (Hint: Use the sample standard deviation formula given in the chapter, which corresponds to the STDEV function in Excel.)
3. Estimate Goodman’s and Landry’s betas as the slopes of regression lines with stock returns on the vertical axis (y-axis) and market return on the horizontal axis (x-axis). (Hint: use Excel’s SLOPE function.) Are these betas consistent with your graph?
4.. The risk-free rate on long-term Treasury bonds is 6.04%. Assume that the market risk premium is 5%. What is the expected return on the market? Now use the SML equation to calculate the two companies’ required returns.
5. If you formed a portfolio that consisted of 50% Goodman stock and 50% Landry stock, what would be its beta and its required return?
6. “Assume that Goodman Industries’ stock, currently trading at $27.05, has a required return of 13%.
You will use this required return rate to discount dividends. Find the present value of the dividend stream; that is, calculate the PV of D1, D2, and D3, and then sum these PVs.”
7. If you plan to buy the stock, hold it for 3 years, and then sell it for $27.05, what is the most you should pay for it?
8. “Use the following information for Question 9:
Suppose now that the Goodman Industries (1) trades at a current stock price of $30 with a (2) strike price of $35. Given the following additional information: (3)time to expiration is 4months,(4) annualized risk-free rate is 5%, and (5) variance of stock return is 0.25″
9. What is the price for a call option using the Black-Scholes Model?”
For getting the instant digital download solution, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get “FIN 534 Week 6 Homework Complete Answer”.
Please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on email@example.com