MGMT 630 Organizational Theory and Behavior Assignment 4 Interview Assignment and Analytical Essay Answer
Homework: Interview Assignment and Analytical Essay
This assignment helps you focus on an important course goal—identification of cultural values and how they may influence communication expectations for a manager and direct reports.
The assignment has a series of Suggested Calendar Dates that can help you see important scheduling factors. See the LEO Assignment link, “window” for suggested schedule.
1. Select Interviewee
2. Complete your interview using the 2 surveys; then use the survey data for writing your essay.
3. Upload a file of completed survey 1 (about experiences of your interviewee and you) to the LEO assignment link. Survey 2 data will be used to develop comparison tables (charts) for insertion in to the survey.
4. Use Questions on page 2 of this Guide to draft your essay.
6. Submit to Writing Coach if you wish (optional). Use LEO Assignment “DRAFT” link for Homework 2 for work with the Writing Coach.
7. Submit to Turnitin for review.
8. Upload final version of your essay to LEO Assignment link, Homework 2 (Interview)
Prepare yourself to do an interview of a colleague, whose early life/childhood was spent in a very different location. For instance, if you lived your early childhood in Nigeria, then interview a colleague or friend from the Caribbean or the USA–or somewhere else. Do not interview someone from Nigeria. If you were born in the US, then you ask a work or class mate from Nigeria, or the Caribbean or a place other than the USA. If you are a part of a family that immigrated to the US, interview someone who is not from the country of your family or from a country within the same global region.
Aim to avoid interviewing a person from a different area of the US, if you consider the USA culture to be your primary culture. Yes, regions of the US vary, but you make it harder to complete the comparison of cultures needed for the assignment.
If you are in the military or with a contracting group, and have a top security clearance, then make certain you email me to discuss your interview plans.
Do not interview your boss or a direct report—the existing work relationships make it difficult to complete the assignment. Do not interview a very close friend because you are likely to skip some ideas due to being familiar.
Consider choosing a classmate in this course. You then can exchange interview information quickly. Note: Interviewing a classmate is not required. Neither will a classmate interview influence your assignment or course grade. Assignments are viewed independently.
Do NOT complete your interview by email. Use f2f, phone or an online chat. (LEO has a personal chat option).
Our course text, written by Adler, Chapter 3 helps you think more about cultural information and understanding the steps people go through as they become more familiar with culture and exactly why it is very influential but not easily discussed. Read carefully. You can find a pdf file of the chapter in the LEO Content links>course resources>e-TEXTS (or chapters)>pdf files for Chapters 1-3
Your choice of interviewee is important to being successful in this assignment. If you have questions about the differences between your childhood location and the person you are thinking about interviewing, then send me an email (email@example.com)
Questions/Steps to help you write your essay (paper).
A. Use Survey 1, found on page 4 of this Guide. What is the background of your interviewee? Describe his or her ideas about career advancement, family, and economic status. (Use Survey 1 replies).
B. What is your background? Describe your ideas for career advancement, family and economic status. (Repeat Survey 1, but insert your replies).
C. How are you and your interviewee similar?
D. Use Survey 2 data to make a table (chart). See example on page 6 of this Guide. Insert table into your essay, and then compare. Based on comparison of cultural categories, how are you and your interviewee similar? Different? If a comparison surprises you, write about that observation.
E. Insert a computer snapshot of Hofstede Website showing comparison of countries: your interviewee’s country to yours. See example on page 12 of this Guide.
What is the cultural category that is most different? What would you do to manage that category’s difference?
What is the cultural category that is most similar in score? What would you do to use that common ground in managing? In writing to answer “E” remember Adler Chapter 3 offers very useful information. Aim to use 1 or more ideas from the Adler chapter as a basis for supporting your answer.
Answering these questions (A-E) make up the main sections of your essay.
Add headings (short titles) to each section.
Print out and review.
Write a section titled “Conclusion” and add to the draft essay.
Use a printed copy to review again.
Write your “Introduction”. Insert this section at the beginning of the essay.
Edit for sentence structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Edit for where you have used outside source material. Add in-text cites, APA style.
1. All questions/steps included in essay.
2. Analysis applies survey information gathered from interview, and also uses survey information from you.
3. Analysis demonstrates thoughtful application of Hofstede’s country research.
4. Analysis uses comparison activities (your interviewee-your experience; survey 2 cultural categories; Hofstede’s country research).
Contributes 60% of assignment score.
1. Each main section has a heading or short title
2. Each important essay idea has its own paragraph. Or, said differently, each paragraph addresses one idea, not multiple ideas.
3. Sentences are clearly written and not run-on (no multiple clauses/phrases or too many ideas).
4. The first paragraph of the essay is an introduction and includes a purpose (thesis) statement to set up analysis.
5. The last paragraph (section) is a conclusion. The section has “Conclusion” as a heading. It is a summary without new ideas.
Contributes 40% of the assignment score.
For getting the instant digital download answer, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get MGMT 630 Organizational Theory and Behavior Assignment 4 Interview Assignment and Analytical Essay Answer
For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org