ECON-545-16781 Business Economics Course Week 6 quiz A+ Perfect Answers Set 2
1. (TCO F) The size of the labor force in a community is 1,000, and 850 of these folks are gainfully employed. In this community, 50 people over the age of 16 do not have a job and are not looking for work. In addition, 80 people in the community are under the age of 16. The unemployment rate is ______. (Points : 15)
2. TCO F) Suppose nominal GDP in 2005 was $11 trillion, and in 2006 it was $14 trillion. The general price index in 2005 was 100, and in 2006 it was 102. Between 2005 and 2006, real GDP rose by what percent? (Points : 20)
3. (TCO F) The consumer price index was 190.7 in January of 2005, and it was 198.3 in January of 2006. Therefore, the rate of inflation in 2005 was about ______. (Points : 15)
4. (TCO E) (10 points) As the Euro appreciates in value relative to the U.S. dollar, what happens to the price of U.S. goods in Europe? What happens to the price of European goods in the U.S.?
(10 points) Why would a country (for example, China) choose to keep their currency relatively pegged to the U.S. dollar? If the U.S. dollar were to appreciate considerably against most currencies, what would be the effect on Chinese exports to countries other than the United States? (Points : 20)
5. (TCO E) Suppose the Canadian dollar (C$) price of one British pound is C$2.12. A hotel room in London costs 120 pounds, while a similar hotel room in Toronto costs C$250. In which city is the hotel room cheaper, and by how much? (Points : 15)
6.(TCO E) Answer the next question on the basis of the following production possibilities data for Egypt and Greece:
Egypt production possibilities:
A B C D E
Shirts 0 3 6 9 12
Pants 48 36 24 12 0
Greece production possibilities:
A B C D E
Shirts 8 6 4 2 0
Pants 0 6 12 18 24
Refer to the above data. What would be feasible terms of trade between Egypt and Greece?
7. (TCO F) The Republic of Republic produces two goods/services, fish (F) and chips (C). In 2006, the 1000 units of F produced sold for $8 per unit and the 5000 units of C produced sold for $1 per unit. In 2007, the 1500 units of F produced sold for $10 per unit, and the 6,000 units of C produced sold for $2 per unit. Calculate Real GDP for 2007, assuming that 2006 is the base year. (Points : 15)
8. (TCO F) Country A produces two goods, elephants and saddles. In the year 2006, the 100 units of elephants produced sold for $2,500 per unit and the 30 units of saddles produced sold for $200 per unit. In 2007, the 120 units of elephants produced sold for $3,000 per unit, and the 50 units of saddles produced sold for $300 per unit. Real GDP for 2007, assuming that 2006 is the base year, is ______. (Points : 15)
9. (TCO E) A Honda Accord sells for $24,000 in the United States and for SF28,500 in Switzerland. Given an exchange rate of SF1.20 = $1, how do the car prices of both countries compare? (Points : 15)
For getting the instant download solution, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get ECON-545-16781 Business Economics Course Week 6 quiz A+ Perfect Answers Set 2
For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org