Week 2 Assignment:

Assignment: Create an Email Message

The purpose of this assignment is for you to apply writing principles while responding to business email. The emails you’ll receive simulate internal and external. Assume that you are employed at

the Blue Bay Resort and Conference Center. As you might expect, the culture is fast-paced and fairly informal, with employees relying heavily on email. While speed is important, high value is also

placed on precision: All of your email responses should be grammatically correct and error free.

You will play the role of the catering director for the Blue Bay Resort and Conference Center. You took this job five years ago and are busier than you ever imagined you might be—running from

meeting to meeting every day. Your only time to respond to your email is during your short breaks between customer meetings. As usual, you have a flood of messages which all seem critical. Your

challenge during this assignment is to respond to all of your email and write clear responses.

When responding to each of the messages, consider all of the following:
•What do you think is an appropriate response to your message?
•What information do you think should be included?
•What might be inappropriate for this type of message?
•How long should an appropriate response be?
•What would you consider too long?
•What tone should you use for the message?

Message 1

Sender: Thomas Jans, HR Assistant

To: You

Subject: Happy Anniversary!

Message:

Good morning!

I looked at my calendar and noticed that today is your fifth anniversary. Congratulations! How is everything going? Do you have any questions? Let me know if you would like to sit down and review

your 401k and benefits.

Have a Great Day!
Thomas

Message 2

Sender: Margaret Harris, HR Manager

BCC To: All employees

Date: October 1, 20xx

Subject: Important Policy Change: Vacation Schedule

Message:

Good morning!

Effective immediately, there has been a change to the vacation policy.

Any vacation requests for January through April must be turned in by November 1. Approval or denial of these vacation requests must be returned to you no later than two weeks after your request.

You will then have another week to resubmit your request.

Vacation requests for May through August must be submitted by March 1.

Vacation requests for September through December must be submitted by July 1.

Please send your requests directly to me, with a copy going to your supervisor. If you have any questions about the policy change or the number of vacations days available, please let me know.

Thank you.
Margaret

Message 3

Sender: Michael Jones, Quality Foods

To: You

Subject: Today’s Conference Call

Message:

You are one busy person. We missed you in this morning’s conference call with Chef Bill. Did I write down the wrong time or day? I am working on your order for next week’s hospital fund-raising

luncheon. We need to confirm the menu and how many people will attend. I need this information by the end of the day tomorrow.

Please reply with the requested information or to set up another conference call.

Thank you.
Mike

Message 4

Sender: Blake Edwards

To: You

Subject: Summer Job Opportunity

Message:

I’m interested in a summer job opportunity with Blue Bay Resorts. Your HR department said you are in charge of the hiring for the events at the conference center.

I am a high school senior and will be going to college next year. I am looking to expand my knowledge of the hospitality industry, and Blue Bay seems like the perfect place for me.

For the past two summers, I worked as a host for an upscale restaurant where I learned the importance of customer service in a fast-paced environment. I’m currently working at the Hyatt Regency

as a bellman, serving as valet and helping people with their luggage.

To build on my experience, I am open to a variety of jobs at Blue Bay. I would like to speak with you further about future opportunities and how I might contribute to your resort and conference

center during this coming summer. I am available to work between May 15 and August 15.

My resume is enclosed for more information about me. You can reach me by email or at 917-555-6169. I look forward to hearing from you to arrange a time to meet.

Thank you.
Blake Edwards

Message 5

Sender: Angel Murphy, Kitchen Manager

To: You

Subject: Confidential

Message:

We need to talk. One of the servers we used for the banquet last week came to me today. She wants to file a sexual harassment complaint against one of the bellmen. How do you want to handle

this? Should we discuss this with her first or set up an appointment for all of us with HR?

I’ll fix you lunch if you have time to discuss it today.

Thank you.
Angel

For getting the instant digital download answer, Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get “MGMT 550 Managerial Communication Week 2 Email Assignment_Answer”.

For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.

In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on mail@genietutorial.com

Assume that you are employed at the Blue Bay Resort and Conference Center. As you might expect, the culture is fast-paced Answer